Hello and welcome to Friday! Another busy week here for me – I was able to sample Hatch Chile goodies (yum!) on top of cooking, eating and writing. It’s been all good…and fun! Hope all of you had a great week, too.
These are some of my favorite food-related finds from all around the web this week.
Cheers – Jeff
(1) Food Republic: Eric Ripert On Cookbooks, Buddhism And What Is Up With The Body Paint
Ripert is an amazing chef and an equally amazing human being. You can learn a lot more about him in this Food Republic interview.
(2) Eatocracy: 10 commandments of cookout etiquette
There are certain “unwritten” rules for cookouts, but someone usually commits a faux pas in some form. Don’t be “that guy.” :) Here are some really good tips for attending or throwing a cookout.
(3) Root Simple: Defining a Garden’s Purpose
Is your backyard a relaxing oasis or something not to be discussed? Every garden has a purpose, but it’s up to you to determine it.
(4) BuzzFeed Food: 27 Ways To Make Your Groceries Last As Long As Possible
These are some really great and easy ways to keep your hard-earned food dollars from rotting away!
(5) My Newest Pinterest Board: Culinary Vintage-ness
A friend sent me a fun vintage cookbook “pin” earlier this week which inspired me to create this new board on Pinterest. I’ve added some fun vintage BBQ pins so far. If you have some to share, please send them over!
I hope you have a great weekend – happy grilling!