These are some of my favorite food-related finds from all around the web this week.
Cheers – Jeff
(1) Accidental Locavore: Thai Ground Pork Salad Recipe
Anne Maxfield is one of my favorite food bloggers and she always has terrific recipes on her site. This dish reminds me of going to cooking school in Koh Samui, Thailand! Thank you, Anne!
(2) Los Angeles Times: ‘Barbecue Crossroads’: To really understand barbecue
I have been looking for my next book of inspiration… I think I have found it.
(3) Food Republic: I Learned The Name For This Thing I’ve Been Doing: Paneéd Chicken
Paneéd chicken is cheesy-breaded and fried. The first time that I had ever heard this term was when I had to prepare contestants’ favorite foods while working on The Biggest Loser… That should tell you something!!
(4) BBQviking.com: Lamb Chops grilled with Hickory and Rosemary smoke
Loving this blog! These are recipes from an IT guy in Oslo, Norway, who happens to have a passion for BBQ. He shares some great recipes and grilling tips…hope you’ll check him out!
(5) Eatocracy: 5@5 – Rack up on rib pointers
Some great tips on cooking ribs, plus “The Only Barbeque Rub You’ll Ever Need” from BBQ Guru Myron Mixon. One very good pro tip: ‘Don’t forget the wet naps.’
Throwing in a couple of bonus posts this week because I like these, too!
(6) White on Rice Couple: Summer Grilling Recipes & Latest Photo Work
One of my favorite food blogging couples! They’re showing some or their recent fabulous photography and grilling projects for La Brea Bakery.
(7) Eatocracy: Grilling – by the numbers
Some amazing stats about grilling in the U.S. Did you know about 86% of Americans who own grills are planning to put them to use on July 4th?!
I hope you have a great weekend – happy grilling!